The Forum is hosted and organized by Warriors Ethos, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. It provides a basis for communications that is fair and transparent consistent with DoD's March 2, 2018 directive for engaging with industry and is designed to meet all relevant compliance requirements including Conflict of Interest (18 U.S. § 208); Procurement Integrity (41 U.S.C § 2102 and 48 C.F.R § 3.104-4): Trade Secrets Act (18 U.S.C § 1905); Federal Advisory Committee Act (5 U.S.C. App.2) “FACA”; Impartiality (5 C.F.R. § 2635.101 and § 2635.501-503); Nonpublic Information (5 C.F.R. § 2635.501-703).
C4ISR program managers, security/IA managers, policy and decision makers in defense and foreign relations, representatives from US federal agencies such as DISA, DIA, DoE, NSA, and FBI, representatives from state & local law enforcement and first responders as well as active duty members across all military services and combatant commands supporting executive and tactical communications teams and our NATO allies have been invited to join us.
Our forum will work to close the communication gap between government and industry by validating and documenting requirements and CONOPS from the user and operator perspective alongside the engineers from industry designing and integrating these communications systems. This is accomplished with open discussion and feedback on the performance of existing systems and by identifying gaps the systems have, while addressing the technical security issues often overlooked or misunderstood. Future/systems ideas are presented and obtain real time feedback from the users to assist with the product development. Government communications teams also have the opportunity to participate in educational forums and working groups to solve common challenges across the DoD.
The 2022 Deployable Communications Technology Forum will be held at The Shelbourne, Dublin, a Marriott Autograph Hotel. Address: 27 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin, Ireland. Phone: +353-1-663-4500
* A “Meet-in-the-Middle”, Collaborative and Neutral Location - The venue provides a common location that facilitates attendance and collaboration by U.S. DoD communications teams and personnel stations all over the globe.
* Interoperability and Readiness Focus - The forum boasts participation every year from EUCOM, NATO/SOF, and other OCONUS U.S. DoD executive and tactical communications teams, coalition partner nations, 5 EYES representatives, and CONUS U.S. DoD organizations - as interoperability and readiness are always topics of discussion.
* A Remote Location for Maximum Output - The venue provides a remote location that facilitates focus and at which attendees can feel secluded from every day distractions. The venue provides an ideal, unique, and intimate collaborative environment as opposed to many mass-attended large U.S. conferences, and serves to produce attendees who have a strong desire to participate which leads to maximum efficiency and a very productive output.
* Industry and Government Working Together - A Secretary of Defense and U.S DoD priority this forum has been established to bring together engineers and executives from industry to work with senior government leaders and communicators. The location provides a central point for executives and engineers from industry to meet as many industry-leading technology companies are global and rarely have the opportunity to participate in the same event. Allowing industry executives to hear the mission needs from senior military personnel, along with the discussion their engineers have with government operators on requirements increases buy in for product development at the executive level.
* Defense Travel Management Office Approved Travel Costs. Travel costs have been evaluated and U.S. Per Diem Rates guaranteed keeping the costs equal to or less than Washington, D.C. or other major U.S. cities.
No, this forum is unclassified and is not recorded.
The forum sessions and evening events are smart casual.
We recommend flying to Dublin airport (DUB). The forum venue, The Shelbourne Hotel, is approximately a 20 minute taxi journey from the airport. A City bus (Air Coach) and taxis are available to and from the airport to the hotel. Please see more information on transport here.